Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lent Day 2

Today, I use affirmations to increase my faith. As I begin to decree those things that I desire (desire meaning "of the Father") my faith in the manifestation of these things increases. I often notice my conscious mind not believing my affirmation, but with repetition the thought seeps into my subconscious and I am reborn. I shift my expectations and manifest my destiny by holding affirmative thoughts in my mind.

In Keep a True Lent it reads: I declare as a child of God I am now entering the Christ consciousness of perfection. This in itself is an affirmation, the highest I can make.

One challenge I have is in taking time to quiet my mind to allow these thoughts to seep through. It is not neccessary to go into the silence to state an affirmation, but its "magnetizing" power is enhanced when I do so. I find that those thoughts held in meditation with emotion manifest in my reality much quicker than those I do not.

For example, last I was a little frustrated in traffic and as much as I tried to say " I am a calm and peaceful child of God" I had a hard time getting there. So as part of my Lenten practice, I have been meditating and visualizing myself in all sorts of situations. Like in a car feeling the feeling of peace and calm, or on the phone with a business associate feeling the feeling of easy communication and an outcome that makes everyone happy. Now when these situations arise it is much easier for me to "remember" that serene feeling, and activate that feeling though my affirmations.

I affirm: Through Jesus Christ I realize my divine sonship, and I am transformed into his image and likeness. -Charles Fillmore



Bible reading:
Luke 1: 7-11
That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.
Jesus Raises a Widow's Son 11Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."
14Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
16They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." 17This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea[a] and the surrounding country.

Thank you BibleGateway.com for this passage.

No comments: