Saturday, March 3, 2007

Lent Day 9 *Power*

Today I am reminded of the divine faculty of Power. The "power" in the body is located in the throat and is represented in the vibrations that come from our mouth in the form of words.
Today I watched a movie called "Unbreakable". It was a great metaphysical story about a man reluctant to accept his divine potential and live from his god-given talents and "power". Because he wasn't fully using his divine power, he felt like something was wrong, missing or out of sync. I think we all feel that way when we are not on our true paths.

I know when I was teaching for IBM, I knew I loved teaching. I knew it was what I was called to do, but something in me said "this is not It, this is not right". I remember saying "This is not what I am meant to teach!" to my husband one night. I felt so uneasy because I knew there was something else to be done but I could not tell what it was. That is when the process of discernment became so important, what am I to do? Why am I here? Why do I have these gifts and what is their divine use? Then not only identify what I am meant to do here, but also take massive action toward that goal, and have complete faith that the Universe will "make a way for it to manifest".

So really the faculty of wisdom helped me to refocus on my path to truly using my Power. I invite you to also take time to discern what is yours to do. Could you imagine what our world would be like if we all acted from the "power" within? If we all did what was in our hearts to do!! Wow, I can.

I affirm "All issues of my life are stirred to action by the quickening Christ power, and I have dominion over my thoughts and my feelings." -Charles Fillmore
Bible Passage Luke 4:31-44

No comments: