Monday, March 5, 2007

Lent Day 11 *Understanding*

Today's thought is Understanding. Yesterday I went to a workshop at the Unity Church of Knoxville provided by Guy Monroe of the Austin Vocal Labs. It was a very interesting experience. He said something that was really interesting to me. Someone from the audience said "You must have read a lot of Marianne WIlliamson?" And he said "I always tell people I don't know anything, I just..." and then he motioned to the sky as if he was picking an apple from the tree.

I have heard of this before. Charles Fillmore spent hours in meditation "feeling after God." Through this he had direct access to infinite divine ideas and knowledge. I believe this is what is known as understanding, an inner knowing that all that you need is available to you. You don't need or require anything but sitting, and listening to your divine guidance. Charles Fillmore writes in Keep a True Lent, "Understanding in me is that which knows how to accomplish things. I claim my Christ understanding at all times".

It can be difficult to remember that I have all the information at my fingertips, all I have to do is reach IN and grab it. I think I tend to look outside to books, or cds for some guidance, when truly it is within me that I will find the answers.

I think in all that we do we always have 2 choices, we can go with our divine understanding of what needs to be done, or we can turn away from our Truth. I can instantly tell which is which by the way that I feel. Some compare this to a heavy or light weight of the issue, I can tell by the feeling in my gut. Understanding is knowing the right thing to do, and Love is acting from that information. These powers are incredible when used together.

The bible passage today is about when Jesus was a boy (twelve years old) and he leaves his parents to sit and learn from his teachers and ask questions. I love this passage because it helps me to remember that Jesus was a child of God, just like me, and he was searching for the Truth, just like me.

I affirm "Divine understanding in me unites me with the Holy Spirit, and I always know what to do". -Charles Fillmore

Bible Passage: Luke 2:40-52

No comments: